Migraine Headache Pain Relief on the Go- Every migraine patient should carry a survival pack for headaches and migraines, including migraine-headache pain relievers and emergency plan numbers to call. Having a migraineur’s toolbox on hand is essential for getting rid of a headache while traveling, but also as part of your emergency preparedness plan for concussion, or other types of head injury.
Here are some tips for packing your own migraine relief survivor kit.
What to pack?
Your migraineur’s survival kit should contain enough tools to prepare you for any migraine emergency, regardless of headache pain and causes. Whether you suffer from sinus headaches, tension headaches, or chronic migraines with aura, you should include the following:
- Variety of pain treatments for head pain, such as an extra bottle of prescribed migraine medication.
- Pack natural ingredients for migraines, such as magnesium, riboflavin, and butterbur.
- Emergency phone numbers of migraine clinics, headache specialists, and pharmacies
- Contact information of close friends and family to alert in case of serious head trauma, or other life-threatening injuries.
Here are some other great tools to include:
Snap Heaters, $11.95 and Ice Pack Instant Cold Compress, $0.99
- An emergency ice pack, such as the Ice Pack Instant Cold Compress (above)
- Instant heat pack, such as a reusable Snap Heater (above)
- A bottle of water, in case your headache cause is dehydration. Read Stay Hydrated without Drinking Water- 5 Hydrating Foods
- If you headache is caused by neck pain, then a comfortable neck pillow, such as the Boomerang Pillow (shown below)
- Soothing herbal tea for migraine relief, plus disposable hot cup. Some good choices are feverfew, plus ginger or peppermint for nausea.
- Dark sunglasses, or eye shades
- A relaxation CD, with guided meditation for stress relief
- An extra iPod shuffle with headphones, synced with your favorite relaxing tunes
- Your medical history, in a folder or medical ID flash drive jewelry
- Earplugs, in case loud noise is to blame for your head pain
- Air sickness bag, in case of sudden nausea and vomiting
- Aromatherapy aids, such as lemon-scented sachet or peppermint essential oils.
- Boomerang Pillow, $19.88, Walmart
Top 20 Simple Lifestyle Modifications to Prevent Migraines
What should I put in my Migraine tool bag? Migraine.com
How can I prepare a migraine kit for my migraine headaches? – Sharecare
Headache Emergency Kit
Home Remedy Tea For A Migraine | LIVESTRONG.COM