What’s the best way to get rid of a migraine? By employing natural migraine benefits, along with conventional medicine, you increase your chances of managing migraines and achieving a sense of well-being. Qigong exercises are excellent examples of natural migraine therapies that release muscular tension, boost circulation, and impart a sense of wellbeing without wearing you out.
What is Qigong?
The National Qigong Association (NQA) defines qigong as, “…an ancient Chinese health care system that integrates physical postures, breathing techniques and focused intention.”
Tai Chi and Kung Fu are examples of Qigong exercises that increase energy, promote healing, and boost mental clarity.
Many doctors recommend Qigong as an effective complementary alternative medicine for chronic pain patients, particularly those who suffer from migraines.
How does qigong benefit migraine sufferers?
Qigong exercises combine three essential elements: body posture, controlled breathing, and mental focus. When performed correctly, one can achieve a sense of wellbeing, rejuvenation, and recovery from illness.
Benefits for migraine patients include:
- Stress reduction
- Improved threshold to pain
- Fewer pain symptoms, such as headaches, joint stiffness, and muscular pain
- Treatment for chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS)
- Better circulation
- Natural antidepressant and antianxiety treatment
- Enhanced immune system
- Hypertension treatment
- Fewer digestive problems, such as nausea, stomachaches, and vomiting
- Improved balance
- Reduction of fibromyalgia symptoms (which correlate with migraines)
- Gentle, nonirritating exercise that won’t cause migraine “exertion” headache
Please tell us…
Do you have any questions or suggestions? Please leave your comments below.
Share with your friends!
If you found this article helpful, then please share with your friends, family, and coworkers by email, Facebook, or Google+.