Got your iPad yet? It’s not just for games, you know. There are iPad health apps geared to improve your life. For example, if you get chronic migraines, then you want to see this list of 20 iPad apps for migraine sufferers:
- Migraine Diary, by Net Workz LLC: Originally created by a migraineur for a master’s degree thesis, this electronic migraine diary will help you identify headache triggers and find the right migraine treatment. Free; for iPad, iPhone and iPod touch.
- iHeadache - Headache & MIgraine Diary: This high-rated migraine diary for iPad, iPhone and iPod touch was developed by neurologist and headache specialist Dr. Brian D. Loftus; uses International Headache Society Criteria to help you classify your migraine. Let the iHeadache help you to help your doctor find the right cure for your headaches. $9.99, but a free lite version is available.
- Headache Relief Diary: By the New York Headache Center, this migraine diary is free and was developed neurologist Dr. Mauskop, developer of Migralex headache medicine. Compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad.
- Headache: this app utilizes Chinese medicine to help you discover the natural causes of your headache instead of just treating the symptoms; selected by licensed acupuncturists. $2.99.
- iManage Migraine: by Merck & co., maker of the famous Merck manual; features an interactive Migraine Management Square, Migraine Journal, graphs and other tools to help you and your health professional manage your migraines. Free; for iPad, iPhone and iPod touch.
- Migraine i-pocketcards: For $3.99, carry an electronic glossary of all terms related to migraines. Easy to navigate, includes zoom feature.
- Family Doctor - Symptoms and Diagnosis: By Vito Technology, includes 150 easy-to-follow symptom charts; simple “yes” or “no” questions will help you decide if your headache or other pain symptoms warrant a trip to the doctor. $4.99
- Handbook of Signs and Symptoms (SignsSx): Reference guide to help you recognize symptoms and their possible causes; valuable for people who get migraines and other chronic pain sufferers.
- Laboratory Gear Medical ~ Lab Values, Differentials & Symptoms: quick reference guide for healthcare professionals and students; linked with the MedCalc medical calculator. $2.99
- MedFlashCard2: This comprehensive reference tool comes with a hefty price tag, $29.99 and is only compatible with the iPhone and iPod touch, not the iPad. Includes information on migraines, MS, angiography and more.
- Allergy Alert: If allergies are giving you headaches, then you want to get regular allergy forecasts on pollen; also for asthma, cold and cough, and ultraviolet sensitivity.
- Dr. Dorian`s Instant Medicine is a collection of medicinal videos from Dr. Armand Dorian, Los Angeles board certified Emergency Physician and advisor for Grey’s Anatomy and ER. $0.99.
- Pain Guide: This free medical guide will help you determine which type of headache you are having according to common symptoms and facial pain locations.
- iMensies (Period Calendar): If PMS is the source of your migraines, then be prepared for the next attack by keeping a period calendar; track mood and email yourself reminders. $1.99.
- Period Planner Lite: This period calendar does everything the iMensies app does, only it’s free.
- BrainWave Tuner: This app requires the use of a headset; alleviate headaches and manage stress with over 19 preset brainwave patterns. Utilizes advanced Electroencephalography. $2.99
- WebMD for iPad: Now you can access the popular website WebMD from your iPad; look up health information on hundreds of health conditions, including migraines. New version lets you search local health listings. Free.
- Relax Ocean Waves: Stress management is key to alleviating headache symptoms; set your timer and relax while listening to the sounds of the ocean. Free.
- Pain Killer 2.0: Requires headphones, the Pain Killer utilizes binaural beat methodology (TBSW) to treat headache pain, sports injuries, arthritis and more. $2.99.
- Restorative Yoga Therapy for Depression-Laura Hawes-VideoApp: It’s not just for depression; the included yoga sequences in this iPad app for yoga app enthusiasts will help to alleviate migraine pain, indigestion, anxiety, fatigue and more. $9.99.
Tags: chronic migraines, Headache Relief Diary app, Headache Relief Diary iPad, iManage Migraine, iPad apps, iPad apps migraine, iPad health, iPhone apps, iPhone apps migraine, iPhone health, Migraine Diary iPad, migraine diary iPhone app, migraine pain, migraine sufferers, Period Planner app, yoga app, yoga iPad